Great news. ALMA becomes ASLM!
Lifestyle Medicine gets a new champion
On 1 July 2015, the Australian Lifestyle Medicine Association (ALMA) was relaunched as the Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine (ASLM), a multidisciplinary society of medical practitioners, allied health practitioners, public health physicians and health policy professionals, as an integral part of a global Lifestyle Medicine movement that is re-shaping our understanding of health, healthcare and clinical practice.
Our new Society:
- Has strong, effective and proactive leadership, management, vision and purpose
- Has an inspiring new Mission and Aims & Objectives, developed from ALMA’s original purposes
- Has a largely flat membership structure developed from ALMA’s unique multi-disciplinary model
- Is partnered with our international counterparts, the European Society and the American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Will have representatives from New Zealand on the Board and will look to serve both Oceania and South East Asia
- Represents and advocates strongly for Lifestyle Medicine across all areas of health policy, healthcare and medicine
- Has partnered with the Lifestyle Medicine Foundation (a health promotion charity) to fund and drive major initiatives
- Is soon to announce the first fully international Lifestyle Medicine Scientific Conference in Australia in 2016
- Will introduce convenient and accessible clinical training and formal qualifications in Lifestyle Medicine
12 months membership at the old price plus Foundation Member status
While our website and member services are in transition, you are invited to use the coupon code ASLMMEMBER for a discount of $110 at the checkout when you purchase a 1 year or 3 year Full membership before 31 July 2015. Associate members can use the code ASLMASSOCIATE for a $55 discount.
A 3 year membership has the advantage of an extra multi-year discount, protection against future increases in membership fees and is not expected to be available as a membership option in the future. In addition, those who join ASLM or renew their Full membership before 30 June 2016 will be shown as a Foundation Member of the Society on their Professional Profile.
Read the full membership proposition here.
We warmly invite you to be part of an energetic, resourceful and creative multidisciplinary society of medical doctors, public health and allied health professionals. Now, more than ever, we need your support and your membership. We look forward to serving you effectively and driving the growth of Lifestyle Medicine together.
The Board and management of ASLM